A friend recently told me she was "too high-minded" to participate in network marketing from a business perspective. She could see selling products, if she were very passionate about them, but offering the business model to others as a way to make money? "I'm far too high-minded for that," she said.
Like many of my colleagues in this industry, I wear a few hats. I also work in a prosthodontic practice, coordinating treatment for patients who sometimes need complex dental care. Prosthodontics includes crowns, bridges, dentures - sometimes supported by dental implants, sometimes not. Many of our patients come to us when their needs have gone beyond what a general dentist would provide ... and in some cases, they're losing teeth and/or jawbone, they're having a hard time eating or talking, they're in pain. They want to smile again. We try to help them.
This week two patients had to cancel appointments because they'd lost their jobs. Dental care can be costly, and if you have to choose between buying groceries and taking care of your teeth, groceries win. One said he hoped to be able to resume treatment by January.
My business contributes a significant amount to my household budget. I operate it on a part-time basis and work it around my life (rather than working my life around it). I teach other people how to do the same. Could these two patients have benefited from the business I have to offer? Maybe.
Too high-minded?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Twinkle, glow or shine - leave your questions or comments: